Monday, June 16, 2008

Post Haste-Post Mortem-Post Toasties

Ok, so it's been too long since my last post. I can't stand it when I visit a blog, and there's nothing new to read on there. My birthday on Friday was fun. DH gave me some "Burt's Bees" goodies and chocolate-covered cranberries, blueberries, cherries and almonds. My sister sent me flowers, I got a gorgeous pendant from DH's brother and his wife, cards and $ from my parents and in-laws. Awesome!

I was very sad to find out that Tim Russert died on that day. I'm a big American history buff. I love politics and government. He was one of my favorites. I didn't get a chance to see his program very often because I'd be at, or getting ready for, church. It's been touching to see all the tributes to him and how he was thought of, above all, as a great family man. I love people like that. As accomplished as they may be, they know what's really important.

Father's Day was kind of a bummer for DH. I was sick, so instead of him getting all the TLC, he spent the day taking care of me. Maybe we can have a Father's Day "Do-over" this weekend.

No comments: